Sunday, November 29, 2009

Shaista Thinks….

Shaista Thinks….

28th November started as just another Eid day, with the usual getting together at my cousin’s place where we all meet for lunch (while some look after the sacrifice). Sometime after noon, my father received a phone call and then somehow everything became vague, and pointless…a young cousin had passed away and all I could see was his mother’s face, a beautiful smiling face from what I always recall.
Life is strange and brings with it even stranger experiences – you are busy catching up with life, complaining there is so much to do in such little time, sharing and laughing together with your loved ones, and then you hear about death in a near quarter and life comes to a sudden halt. Something pinches you and reminds you that to God we all must return… but it is often the ‘untimely’ or young deaths that shake you to the core. You are just so not ready for them. And that reminds you that no matter how old a person is, when it is someone from the family, you just cannot bear to let them go. (Click the above Link to read complete blog)


I think......

In joy and grief, remember and praise ALLAH. It is not an easy experience to bear a loss of dear one but again we have to remember, that from HIM we came and to HIM we return. Some go earlier than norm but we all are in transit here for a very brief stay. Let us try to make that brief stay very comfortable for each other and help to comfort the one in grief. May ALLAH give patience to the family for such a great loss. But tell them the good news is – we will join the gone one day not far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed

My Visitors

free counters

Islamic Calendar

About Me

My photo
Follow me at Twitter to know about myself and about my perspective on hot and sour topics.

Followers